NPR Blog for earthquake

入得谷来,祸福自求。
xyz

NPR Blog for earthquake

Post by xyz » 2008-05-15 10:45

http://www.npr.org/blogs/chengdu/
"All Things Considered" hosts Robert Siegel and Melissa Block are in Sichuan Province covering the massive earthquake. They continue to report on the aftermath and recovery efforts. The hosts were in Chengdu with producers Andrea Hsu and Art Silverman when the quake struck. They were preparing for a special week of China coverage that had been planned for next week. Follow this blog for regular updates.
Some comments from the NPR listeners

http://www.npr.org/blogs/chengdu/2008/0 ... entSection

Please let Wang Wei and Fu Guanyu know that people in the United States cried with them and are sorry for their loss.

Thank you, Melissa Block, for your brave and compassionate reporting, which bears witness to the suffering of the Chinese people. Please take good care of yourself--we hear your grief and acknowledge that to witness is also to suffer.

Sent by Sabrina Kirby | 10:31 AM ET | 05-15-2008

Melissa, what have you done? You couldn’t save that family, but without realizing it you have saved many other families.

All too often we are caught up in the pettiness of daily life and forget what really matter to us and how blessed we are with food on the table, clothes on our back, and family around us. You reached deep in our souls and reminded us that everyday we live is a precious day, a beautiful day.

I thank you for making me a different man.

Sent by KS | 10:39 AM ET | 05-15-2008

Melissa, you are doing an outstanding job. Your May 14 coverage brought me right to the scene, moving me to tears. Throughout the earthquake, your coverage has been professional and full of compassion; your voice in the immediate, on the scene commentary reveals such a deeply felt response, so different from your voice in the more (necessarily) objective over-voice summary we are used to hearing on the radio. Your humanity and heart are evidenced in your work. Truly remarkable, thank you for bringing us closer and helping us to grieve with the victims of this crisis.

Sent by caryn friedlander | 10:42 AM ET | 05-15-2008

This is exceptional, passionate reporting. We can feel Melissa’s heart breaking for that young family, and yet she still delivers a balanced and informative report. Just exceptional, brave work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2008-05-15 21:44

I listen to the podcast Melissa did outside of the school. That is soooooo sad... :shock:
有事找我请发站内消息

nothing

Post by nothing » 2008-05-16 11:46

Melissa这次去成都好像本来是为了做奥运介绍中国的节目的,去之前还在讨论四川的美食多么诱人,听得我很高兴。

播这对夫妇的节目的时候,我正在高速上,Melissa的旁白中夹杂着我熟悉的乡音,听没一会儿,我就不行了,太惨痛了。

实际上这一周自打开始听/看报道起,就干什么都没劲,昨天去检修车,意料之中的,接到电话,这儿那儿这边那边毛病多多,最后报给我一个价,我也不向我家所谓懂行的先生请示了,直接回对方,行,您就看着办吧。

xyz

Post by xyz » 2008-05-16 12:49

我也是一直从上周追着他们的节目听。我已经推荐这个BLOG给我所有认识的人,即便是中国人。一是它充分体现了成都地区震前震后的巨大反差。二是我觉得国内的新闻比较公式化,而Melissa的报导更有感情.

这两天我慢慢觉得自己不太会被以前认为是“天大”的小事弄得心烦意乱了。在这样的天灾面前,只觉得人很渺小,时间,生命,亲人,朋友最重要,生活琐事实在不值得花精力。