governor drops da eff bomb!

入得谷来,祸福自求。
simonsun

governor drops da eff bomb!

Post by simonsun » 2009-10-29 13:07

好像小孩怄气吵架一样 :mrgreen:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/10/28/sch ... ly-secret/

The California Assembly and Senate recently unanimously approved Assembly Bill 1176 to help the port of San Francisco with financing issues. But Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) has decided to veto the legislation, sending a letter to the state Assembly chastising them for focusing on “unnecessary bills.” The San Francisco Bay Guardian also notes a second, more direct, message hidden in Schwarzenegger’s missive — contained in the first letter of each line:
To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 1176 without my signature.

For some time now I have lamented the fact that major issues are overlooked while many
unnecessary bills comes to me for consideration. Water reform, prison reform, and health
care are major issues my Administration has brought to the table, but the Legislature just
kicks the can down the alley.

Yet another legislative year has come and gone without the major reforms Californians
overwhelmingly deserve. In light of this, and after careful consideration, I believe it is
unnecessary to sign this measure at this time.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

The author of the Assembly Bill 1176 is Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, who recently shouted out “You lie!” to Schwarzenegger at a public event. Schwarzenegger’s office, however, is insisting that the letter’s coded message was just “a strange coincidence.” “When you do so many vetoes, that’s bound to happen,” said the governor’s spokesman.

FYI: Ammiano also shouted "kiss my gay a**" to the governor during the fundraiser :mrgreen:
Violent delights.

火星狗

Re: governor drops da eff bomb!

Post by 火星狗 » 2009-10-29 15:48

挖,英文藏头诗。

概率是1/26的7次方,真巧。 :laughting015:

simonsun

Post by simonsun » 2009-10-29 16:50

我在想governor在veto上签了字之后是什么心情⋯⋯完全就是恶作剧的小孩子! :mrgreen:
Violent delights.

staryngt

Post by staryngt » 2009-11-02 13:16

我才发现老施很幽默。他在今年的OOW上的讲话太好玩了。台下笑声不断。A few sections:
And I love it because I know that someday in the future, you will be developing technologies so we can have a hand-free cellphone even though my wife doesn't believe it yet. She doesn't believe it. I mean, can you believe that she was caught now three times in a row with holding the phone in her hand like in the Stone Age. I mean, you can just talk. I mean, there is the technology available now. And of course, I promised the people that I'm going to create action and stop her. Of course, this is a no-win situation, I can tell you this right now. Because if I don't create action, the voters get upset, and if I do create the action, and stop her, then I get no action. I'm in big trouble.
And of course, after you are finished with this conference, I just want to ask you for one favor -- don't go home. Just stay here, travel up and down the state of California and spend as much money as possible because we need your revenue.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4QUXxy3O0
"People don’t choose between things, they choose between descriptions of things" by kanhneman