希拉里锁定党内总统候选人提名

入得谷来,祸福自求。
Knowing

Re: 希拉里锁定党内总统候选人提名

Post by Knowing » 2017-05-10 5:26

唐唐的郁金香 wrote:
Jun wrote:今天早上醒来我觉得 strangely relieved. 不知道 Hillary Rodham 有没有类似的感觉。她终于可以 get a divorce,以后不用再胼手胝足地替根本不配被她照顾的人服务了。Get a divorce from Bill. Get a divorce from US of A.
今天看到这个链接,估计Jun会喜欢:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/ ... thout-bill
As-yet untitled novel will tell the story of Hillary Rodham and her life after she turns down marriage proposal from Bill Clinton ‘once and for all’
会是什么?女总统早已实现?

Excuse me but I need to vent: HRC is born 1947 and she is 69 today. Back then she thought working as a team with Bill would have been the best way to make impact.

dianne feinstein is 83
nancy pelosi is 77
Elizebath Warren is 67.
Sonia Sotomayor is 62
Elena Kagan is 59.
Sally Yates is 56.

Those women have all done it -- they made impact without having to team up with a male politician through marriage. Some of them married and divorced multiple times. Some remained single. But they have all done it. I really wish someone could have shown those 'role models' to 22 year old HRC: Look into the crystal ball. Things change. Women will be accepted as serious politician. You can make a huge difference as female president instead of as first lady. Actually, your chance is better that way! Don't f--k this up by marrying Sleazy Billy! Or divorce as soon as Gennifer Flowers scandal broke out...
有事找我请发站内消息

幻儿

Post by 幻儿 » 2017-05-10 9:06

可是你为什么觉得她完全是为了政治野心和Bill在一起呢?不能是因为两个人志同道合吗?不能是因为感情深吗?Bill是一个非常有魅力有charisma的人,不舍得离开他很正常啊。
我不是说老公出轨要死忍不离婚,但是也不赞成老公出轨就一定要离婚,不离就是为了政治野心。

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2017-05-10 9:26

我相信他俩有真感情志同道合, 志同道合真感情就必须两人绑一块came as a package deal. “Buy one, get one free" ? 现代大多数双职工,不都是晚上回家拥抱着聊聊今天工作烦心事儿,早上起床出门各干各的? 后来她出来竞选纽约州参议员的时候跟比尔的事业分开了,才才开始摆脱大众对她心机毒妇权力狂的印象.

我记得在哪儿读到过,希拉里很早就决定, 他俩作为一个TEAM能有最大效力,所以每次比尔闹了事儿她都坚决站在他身边维护. 这就把俩人的政治命运绑一起,她为此受到了很多损害. 她独立从政的太晚.
有事找我请发站内消息

dropby

Post by dropby » 2017-05-10 9:40

大多数双职工,都是晚上回家连互相说句娃之外的话都难得就洗洗各自睡了。 :mrgreen:

昨晚带娃看省选,两娃上窜下跳的,今天还问啥时候下一次选举。娃就是看热闹,某人试图科普各种选举常识不果。

笑嘻嘻

Post by 笑嘻嘻 » 2017-05-10 10:42

幻儿 wrote:可是你为什么觉得她完全是为了政治野心和Bill在一起呢?不能是因为两个人志同道合吗?不能是因为感情深吗?Bill是一个非常有魅力有charisma的人,不舍得离开他很正常啊。
我不是说老公出轨要死忍不离婚,但是也不赞成老公出轨就一定要离婚,不离就是为了政治野心。
同意。离不离是她的事儿,不能因为大家都觉得她该离她就离。
云浆未饮结成冰

笑嘻嘻

Post by 笑嘻嘻 » 2017-05-10 10:55

Sapien里说自打农业革命以来,所有的农耕社会都是父权社会。种族歧视并不在所有的社会里占主要地位。所以,如果法国大选的中间派不是马克龙小鲜肉,是位老年妇女呢?还会是这样的结果吗?
云浆未饮结成冰

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2017-05-10 11:26

当然是她自己的选择,但我希望她为了政治野心离婚,不离就一直一起背比尔的那些黑锅。比尔还不断制造新黑锅,大选里没少拉后腿。猪队友!
有事找我请发站内消息

Jun

Post by Jun » 2017-05-10 11:29

笑嘻嘻 wrote:Sapien里说自打农业革命以来,所有的农耕社会都是父权社会。种族歧视并不在所有的社会里占主要地位。所以,如果法国大选的中间派不是马克龙小鲜肉,是位老年妇女呢?还会是这样的结果吗?
这就难说了,因为法国人民的思路和文化跟美国人民完全两样。不过长得好又是白男肯定加分,即使在中国都会加分的。

希拉里这个人也有各种缺点,世界对于女性的缺点更加苛求更 unforgiving。

家属一说起来就是 Bill is irresistible! 我很想掐死他。 :littleWhite2:
此喵已死,有事烧纸

豪情

Post by 豪情 » 2017-05-10 11:55

Knowing wrote:当然是她自己的选择,但我希望她为了政治野心离婚,不离就一直一起背比尔的那些黑锅。比尔还不断制造新黑锅,大选里没少拉后腿。猪队友!
+1
谁道闲情抛掷久?每到春来,惆怅还依旧。

笑嘻嘻

Post by 笑嘻嘻 » 2017-05-10 14:17

希拉里离不离婚这事不bother我,我也不觉得哪个选项是她的缺点,只不过是她故事的一部分。
云浆未饮结成冰

Jun

Post by Jun » 2017-05-10 16:12

我不同意 HRC 跟油腻男的婚姻跟我没关系。能说 Westerling 的领主娶了个精通草药又见风使舵的老婆,跟京城陷入 Cercei 手中被炸飞的结局没有关系吗?
此喵已死,有事烧纸

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2017-09-11 3:29

HRC 正在全美为新书what happened 做宣传演讲,有兴趣的可以去参加。

http://hillaryclintonmemoir.com/events.html

十月十五号来伦敦,不知道我抢不抢得到票。
有事找我请发站内消息

CAVA

Post by CAVA » 2017-09-11 5:27

昨天报上看到她会参加cheltenham literature festival,应该是这一场
http://www.cheltenhamfestivals.com/lite ... m-clinton/

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2017-09-11 6:43

是的,她那天有两场,下午在cheltenham, 晚上在伦敦。我约了女友打算去伦敦这场。
有事找我请发站内消息

CAVA

Post by CAVA » 2017-09-11 7:18

这么多支持者票子一定很抢手,祝你好运!

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2017-09-15 3:27

没买着票。。。郁闷。。。
有事找我请发站内消息

CAVA

Post by CAVA » 2017-09-15 5:14

啊,同情!

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2017-09-15 5:45

没事,买书看吧。
有事找我请发站内消息

幻儿

Post by 幻儿 » 2017-09-28 10:08

昨天看了Vogue杂志里希拉里新自传的节选。原来希拉里不离婚首要原因竟然是为了孩子! :worthy: 她的叙述里第一原因是他是个好父亲啊...
这段节选还挺好看的,推荐。
https://www.vogue.com/article/hillary-c ... n-marriage
I was confident that Bill would be great at parenting. His father died before Bill was born; he knew how lucky he was to have this chance that his own father never had. Still, a lot of men are thrilled to be dads but not so thrilled about all the work that a child requires. The writer Katha Pollitt has observed how even the most egalitarian relationships can contort under the strain of child rearing, and all of a sudden the mom is expected to do everything, while the dad pitches in here and there. She calls it becoming “gender Republicans”—a nifty phrase, if perhaps a little unfair to all the feminist Republicans out there, who really do exist.

I knew that I had enough energy and devotion for two, if it turned out that Bill wasn’t a co-equal in the child-raising department. But I really hoped that wouldn’t happen. Our marriage had always been a true partnership. Though he was governor and then president—jobs that would seem to “beat” a lot of others, if you were the kind of person who ranked jobs like that—my career was important to me, too. So was my time and, more broadly, my identity. I couldn’t wait to become a mother, but I didn’t want to lose everything else about myself in the becoming. I was counting on my husband not just to respect that but also to join me in guarding against it.

So it was a wonderful thing when Chelsea arrived, and Bill dove into parenting with characteristic gusto. We went to the hospital with Bill clutching the materials from the Lamaze classes we had attended together. When it turned out that Chelsea was breech, he fought to be in the operating room with me and hold my hand during the C-section. Being governor came in handy when he asked to be the first father ever permitted by that hospital to do so. After we brought her home, he handled countless midnight feedings and diaper changes. We took turns making sure the parade of family and friends who wanted to spend time with Chelsea were looked after. As our daughter grew up, we both read her good-night stories. We both got to know her teachers and coaches. Even when Bill became president, he rearranged his schedule as much as he could to have dinner with us nearly every night that he was in Washington. And when he was somewhere else in the world, he’d call Chelsea to talk about her day and go over her homework with her.

Our daughter adored her father more and more. As she entered adolescence, I wondered if that would change at all. I remembered how my own dad and I grew somewhat distant from each other once I became a teenager. I provoked him with a lot of fiery political arguments. He was at a loss to navigate the occasionally stormy seas of teenage girlhood. Would that happen with Chelsea and Bill? As it turned out, no. He lived for their debates; the fiercer the better. He didn’t leave me to deal with the “girl stuff”: heartache, self-esteem, safety. He was right there with us.

Did I handle more of the family responsibilities, especially while Bill was president? Of course. This was something we’d talked through before he ran, and I was more than up for it. But I never felt like I was alone in the work of raising our wonderful daughter. And I know a lot of wives of busy men who would say otherwise. Bill wanted to be a great president, but that wouldn’t have mattered to him if he wasn’t also a great dad.

Every time I see the two of them laugh over some private joke that only they know . . . every time I overhear a conversation between them, two lightning-quick minds testing each other . . . every time I see him look at her with love and devotion . . . I’m reminded again that I chose exactly the right person to have a family with.

My marriage to Bill Clinton was the most consequential decision of my life. I said no the first two times he asked me. But the third time, I said yes. And I’d do it again.

I hesitated because I wasn’t quite prepared for marriage. I hadn’t figured out what I wanted my future to be yet. And I knew that by marrying Bill, I would be running straight into a future far more momentous than any other I’d likely know. He was the most intense, brilliant, charismatic person I had ever met. He dreamed big. I, on the other hand, was practical and cautious. I knew that marrying him would be like hitching a ride on a comet. It took me a little while to get brave enough to take the leap.

We’ve been married since 1975. We’ve had many, many more happy days than sad or angry ones. I know some people wonder why we’re still together. I heard it again in the 2016 campaign: that “we must have an arrangement” (we do; it’s called a marriage); that I helped him become president and then stayed so he could help me become president (no); that we lead completely separate lives, and it’s just a marriage on paper now (he is reading this over my shoulder in our kitchen with our dogs underfoot, and in a minute he will reorganize our bookshelves for the millionth time, which means I will not be able to find any of my books, and once I learn the new system, he’ll just redo it again, but I don’t mind because he really loves to organize those bookshelves).

I don’t believe our marriage is anyone’s business. Public people should be allowed to have private lives, too. But I know that a lot of people are genuinely interested. Maybe you’re flat-out perplexed. Maybe you want to know how this works because you are married and would like it to last 40 years or longer, and you’re looking for perspective. I certainly can’t fault you on that.

I don’t want to delve into all the details, because I really do want to hold on to what’s left of my privacy as much as I can. But I will say this: Bill has been an extraordinary father to our beloved daughter and an exuberant, hands-on grandfather to our two grandchildren. I look at Chelsea and Charlotte and Aidan and I think, We did this. That’s a big deal.

He has been my partner in life and my greatest champion. He never once asked me to put my career on hold for his. He never once suggested that maybe I shouldn’t compete for anything—in work or politics—because it would interfere with his life or ambitions. There were stretches of time in which my husband’s job was unquestionably more important than mine, and he still didn’t play that card. I have never felt like anything but an equal. Bill is completely unbothered by having an ambitious, opinionated, occasionally pushy wife. In fact, he loves me for it.

Long before I thought of running for public office, he was saying, “You should do it. You’d be great at it. I’d love to vote for you.” He helped me believe in this bigger version of myself. Bill was a devoted son-in-law and always made my parents feel welcome in our home. Toward the end of my mother’s life, when I wanted her to move into our house in Washington, he said yes without hesitation. Though I expected nothing less, this meant the world to me. I know so many women who are married to men who—though they have their good qualities—can be sullen, moody, irritated at small requests, and generally disappointed with everyone and everything. Bill Clinton is the opposite. He has a temper, but he’s never mean. And he’s funny, friendly, unflappable in the face of mishaps and inconveniences, and easily delighted by the world—remember those balloons at the convention? He is fabulous company.

We’ve certainly had dark days in our marriage. You know all about them—and please consider for a moment what it would be like for the whole world to know about the worst moments in your relationship. There were times that I was deeply unsure about whether our marriage could or should survive. But on those days, I asked myself the questions that mattered most to me: Do I still love him? And can I still be in this marriage without becoming unrecognizable to myself— twisted by anger, resentment, or remoteness? The answers were always yes. So I kept going.

On our first date, we went to the Yale University Art Gallery to see a Mark Rothko exhibit. The building was closed, but Bill talked our way in. When I think about that afternoon—seeing the art, hearing the stillness all around us, giddy about this person whom I had just met but somehow knew would change my life—it still feels magical, and I feel happy and lucky all over again.

I still think he’s one of the most handsome men I’ve ever known. I’m proud of him: proud of his vast intellect, his big heart, the contributions he has made to the world. I love him with my whole heart. That’s more than enough to build a life on.

The morning after the election, Bill and I both wore purple. It was a nod to bipartisanship (blue plus red equals purple). The night before, I had hoped to thank the country wearing white—the color of the suffragettes—while standing on a stage cut into the shape of the United States under a vast glass ceiling. Instead, the white suit stayed in the garment bag.

After I delivered my concession speech, I hugged as many people in the ballroom as possible—lots of old friends and devoted campaign staffers, many of their faces wet with tears. I was dry-eyed and felt calm and clear. My job was to smile, be strong for everyone, and show America that life went on and our republic would endure. A life spent in the public eye has given me lots of practice at that. I wear my composure like a suit of armor, for better or worse. In some ways, it felt like I had been training for this latest feat of self-control for decades.

After delivering hugs and smiling so long and hard that my face ached, I asked my senior team to go back to our headquarters in Brooklyn and make sure everyone was OK. One final wave to the crowd, and Bill and I got into the backseat of a Secret Service van and were driven away.

I could finally let my smile drain away. We were mostly quiet. Every few minutes, Bill would repeat what he had been saying all morning: “I’m so proud of you.” To that he now added, “That was a great speech. History will remember it.”

I loved him for saying it, but I didn’t have much to say in return. I felt completely and totally depleted. And I knew things would feel worse before they started feeling better.

It takes about an hour to drive from Manhattan to our home in Chappaqua. I absolutely love our old house. It’s cozy, colorful, full of art, and every surface is covered with photos of the people I love best in the world. That day, the sight of our front gate was pure relief to me. All I wanted to do was get inside, change into comfy clothes, and maybe not answer the phone ever again.

I’ll confess that I don’t remember much about the rest of that day. I put on yoga pants and a fleece. Our two sweet dogs followed me from room to room, and at one point, I took them outside and just breathed the cold, rainy air. The question blaring in my head was “How did this happen?” Fortunately, I had the good sense to realize that diving into a campaign postmortem right then would be about the worst thing I could do to myself.

Losing is hard for everyone, but losing a race you thought you would win is devastating. I remember when Bill lost his reelection as governor of Arkansas in 1980. He was so distraught at the outcome that I had to go to the hotel where the election-night party was held to speak to his supporters on his behalf. For a good while afterward, he was so depressed that he practically couldn’t get off the floor. That’s not me. I keep going. I also stew and ruminate. I run through the tape over and over, identifying every mistake—especially those made by me. When I feel wronged, I get mad, and then I think about how to fight back.

On that first day, I just felt tired and empty. The reckoning was still to come.

At some point, we ate dinner. We FaceTimed with our grandchildren, two-year-old Charlotte and her baby brother, Aidan, born in June 2016. I was reassured to see their mom. I knew Chelsea was hurting for me, which in turn hurt to think about, but those kids are an instant mood boost for all of us. We quietly drank them in, that day and every day after. After sleeping hardly at all the night before, I climbed into our bed at midday for a nice, long nap. I also went to bed early that night and slept in the next morning. I could finally do that.

I avoided the phone and email that first day. I suspected, correctly, that I was receiving a virtual avalanche of messages, and I couldn’t quite handle it—couldn’t handle everyone’s kindness and sorrow, their bewilderment and their theories for where and why we had fallen short. Eventually, I’d dive in. But for now, Bill and I kept the rest of the world out. I was grateful for the one billionth time that I had a husband who was good company not just in happy times but sad ones as well.

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2017-09-28 10:56

我在听这本书的有声版。她自己念的。
关于她和比尔的婚姻,她defensive 的举了很多比尔的优点,最重要的几条是:他是个好父亲。他支持我的事业.
是的,这都是优点. 相信希拉里是真诚的这么想.
BUT, 我内心不断的狂呼 FFS! 难道世界上就没有其他有这些优点, 并且不是惯性撒谎狂的男人了吗? 据我所见, 多得是! 除了我们不是一个时代, 看见的男人池不一样, 真是没法理解这种自愿睁眼瞎的情况啊. 毕竟是madman 时代的人,男性伴侣能真正尊重欣赏她的野心和才华,平等的沟通分享, 愿意带孩子, 太罕见了,比诚实什么的品质重要多了。在都是瞎子的岛上, 一只眼的人就能称王。

BUT, 这是她的生活. 她的选择.
有事找我请发站内消息

幻儿

Post by 幻儿 » 2017-09-28 11:01

Knowing wrote:我在听这本书的有声版。她自己念的。
关于她和比尔的婚姻,她defensive 的举了很多比尔的优点,最重要的几条是:他是个好父亲。他支持我的事业.
是的,这都是优点. 相信希拉里是真诚的这么想.
BUT, 我内心不断的狂呼 FFS! 难道世界上就没有其他有这些优点, 并且不是惯性撒谎狂的男人了吗? 据我所见, 多得是! 除了我们不是一个时代, 看见的男人池不一样, 真是没法理解这种自愿睁眼瞎的情况啊. 在都是瞎子的岛上, 一只眼的人就能称王。
BUT, 这是她的生活. 她的选择.
唉,这倒是符合我身边一些女友的情况。她们的老公有各种各样的问题,轻微家暴,出轨,感情破裂,但她们不想离婚,因为:他是个好父亲啊!离婚了再找,不一定会对我孩子那么好啊。
我没有想到希拉里竟然也是这么想的。

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2017-09-28 11:06

典型儿的算法误区:老盯着局部优化所以卡住了, 永远达不到全局优化。
Last edited by Knowing on 2017-09-28 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
有事找我请发站内消息

笑嘻嘻

Post by 笑嘻嘻 » 2017-09-28 11:06

这个就得接受希拉里有这个缺点,并非完人,但是在冲破玻璃天花板的路上她是我们的先驱和榜样。榜样是个有缺陷的人。
云浆未饮结成冰

Jun

Post by Jun » 2017-09-28 13:30

在事业上学习一下就可以了,在生活上可别以她为榜样。

然而俺家家属也痴迷 Bill Clinton,恨不得转世投胎成女的被他上下其手。
此喵已死,有事烧纸

豪情

Post by 豪情 » 2017-09-28 14:10

胡麻不就是葱白她到亦步亦趋嘛。可见的确是个坏榜样。
谁道闲情抛掷久?每到春来,惆怅还依旧。

mirrorflower

Post by mirrorflower » 2017-09-28 14:14

Jun wrote:

然而俺家家属也痴迷 Bill Clinton,恨不得转世投胎成女的被他上下其手。
乐死我了。 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bill被很多人说很有魅力很聪明很怎么怎么,我很相信他颇有一些优点的。而且即便时至今日,真心支持伴侣事业,是好父亲等等,也的确是难得的优点。所以我也觉得希拉里可以理解。——这是她最看重的事情,而这些方面得到了对方的大力支持,that matters most for her.

我不喜欢Bill这样的异性,是因为我对ego强的人不分男女,自然就有一种反感。但是很多事情的确是ego 强的人推动起来的。
"A wealth of information creates a poverty of attention."

幻儿

Post by 幻儿 » 2018-01-11 11:31

Huma Abedin and Anthony Weiner withdraw their divorce: https://pagesix.com/2018/01/10/huma-abe ... f-divorce/

Huma oh Huma! 他们都说是因为spousal privilege, 但你一定是因为爱,对吗? :mrgreen:
毕竟你也不是第一次原谅他和他站在一起了。
She stuck with the much-mocked former lawmaker when he resigned from Congress in 2011 — tearfully admitting to his sexting addiction after mistakenly tweeting out a photo of his crotch.

And she was still by his side when he ran for mayor in 2013 — only for his campaign to go flaccid when he was caught sexting with multiple women under the pseudonym “Carlos Danger.”

Abedin finally separated from her husband in August 2016 after The Post published yet another crotch shot — this time with the couple’s toddler son in the picture.

But she didn’t move for divorce until Weiner was caught sending sordid photos and messages to the 15-year-old in 2016 — filing papers just hours after he pleaded guilty in May.
史翠珊的歌很应景: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... spbetOKxUM
Oh, my man I love him so
He'll never know
All my life is just despair
But I don't care
When he takes me in his arms
The world is bright, all right
What's the difference if I say
I'll go away
When I know I'll come back on my knees some day?
For whatever my man is
I am his forever more

It's cost me a lot
But there's one thing that I've got
It's my man
Cold and wet, tired you bet
But all that I soon forget
With my man
He's not much for looks
And no hero out of books
Is my man
Two or three girls has he
That he likes as well as me
But I love him!

Jun

Post by Jun » 2018-01-11 14:39

What's the "settlement" they mentioned? 听上去不像是不离的意思,只是不是 contested divorce.

就算是为了 spousal privilege 也很正常啊,在眼下这种白色恐怖环境下,先得保护自己不能被反动派迫害关起来,离婚什么的慢慢搞喽,又不急着二婚。
此喵已死,有事烧纸

Knowing

Post by Knowing » 2018-01-11 14:51

看样子是从contested divorce 转为private settlement. 纽约时报也说他们是改为协议离婚.
有事找我请发站内消息